Edward Copeland Session III at Building Healthy Churches Conference
– We do not argue, we announce. We are not arguing, we are announcing historical fact.
– We are not the hero of our presentation.
– Our position of office does not excuse us from the warnings or standards of the Bible, but holds us to a higher standard.
– Apply the Word to yourself first.
– It is possible to be a starving chef
– It is possible to be a drowning lifeguard.
– You cannot save someone else on the air plane unless you first get oxygen for yourself.
– We need wisdom, not just create Frankenstein messages, taking pieces from other messages or from commentaries.
– Emphasis on wisdom in the book of Colossians.
– Our goal is not to create a spiritual welfare state.
– Our goal is to be able to present our sheep to Christ as fully nourished.
* Which number will Christ be worried about membership? attendance? or how many full fledged disciples in the church?
– Striving=Wrestling/ stay in shape for the contest.
– Just because we cannot raise the dead, it does not excuse us from neglecting the gym.
– Labor, but it is a sweet labor.
– We are not preaching for a response, we are preaching for a result.